Monday, November 3, 2008

The Monday Moment

Barack Will Be President But Will Your Life Be Different?

I am a former government employee and civil servant.

I cashed my dream of being a civil servant in for the American dream of prosperity.

I hate politics.

I hate reading.

I do not watch any news shows, except for the Daily Show and/or the Corbert report on occasion.

I cannot tell you which channels CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, TV One, or BET are on my cable box.

I trust all politicians to do that which they must do to stay in power.

There is no such thing as truth in politics, because the truth is a relative concept controlled entirely by whomever is in power.

Honesty will get you nowhere in politics.

The American public does not care to be bothered with facts, instead they want to be promised a “chicken in every pot” and “a car in every backyard.”

The only forces that get anything to done in government are the forces of power, money and mass public outcry.

I think state governments should allow students to opt out of attendance starting in grade school and, as a result, save scarce resources for those who actually want to learn.

Most people in this country are behind the evolutionary curve.

I am not a nice person.

I am not a role model.


I have met Barack Obama personally and believe him to be a good man. I also believe that Barack will be the 44th President of the United States. But simply because Barack will be the next President come November 4th, how will my or your life improve come November 5th?


Come November 5th, the Proletariat will not rise up and overthrow the Bourgeoisie;

Fools will still be selling and/or doing drugs and still hanging on the corner waiting for the next hustle;

Public schools will still be more of a detention center, than a center for education and betterment;

Americans will still be overweight, dying and getting sicker as a result of lifestyle choices;

There still will be a proclaimed shortage of “good” black men;

Women will still get married and then proceed to get real complacent in that marriage;

I will still be fat;

I will still need to get up on November 5th and go to work;

I will still need to reconcile myself with established religion and start going back to church again;

My son won’t all of a sudden be a man and my newborn won’t arrive into this world talking and potty trained.


After November 4th, despite being the great man that he is, Barack will not be able to do more for you or me than that which will keep him in power. Even more to the point, becoming the next President of this country was Barack’s personal challenge that he faced down and conquered. This accomplishment is his personal testimony.


What is your testimony?

How can you be better?

What have you been neglecting?

What did you previously believe was impossible to accomplish?

What challenges have you or will you face come November 5th to bring about the change that you need?


Prior to November 4th, I was an invisible man. No, not a spook like those who haunted Edgar Allan Poe; nor one of your Hollywood-movie ectoplasms. I am invisible simply because people refuse to see me. But after November 4th, I remain invisible by personal choice rather than by the social construct. Come November 5th, I am no longer invisible but can only become visible after I commit myself to personal progress and begin to implement the change I need.


The times are too serious not to challenge myself to change myself; the stakes are too high;

I am at a crossroads in my personal history;

I have a righteous wind at my back;

My shoulder is pressed up against the wheel of change moving forward – I shall overcome today.


Back in June 1994, a man stated that in order to change the world, I must first start by changing myself, with Barack as President, it seems that world may have a head start on me.

You Need To Change Today

You Need To Vote Tomorrow.


May God bless you and God bless America.


No comments: