Sunday, October 19, 2008

When Colin Powell Speaks...

Personal confession #2: I am a Democrat who would have quit my job to work for free if Colin Powell ever decided to run for president.

I have always admired Colin Powell. In my professional life, I even wrote a blog titled "I Heart Alma Powell" because I believe in the great work General Powell and his wife Mrs. Alma Powell are leading through America's Promise.

I don't know the Powells personally, but I trust Gen. Powell's judgment. He impresses me as someone who truly does put Country First and is the maverick we often hear about, but rarely see in American politics.

This morning, I woke to find out that General Powell is endorsing Senator Barack Obama for president. Check out his endorsement made during an appearance on NBC's Meet the Press.

No comments: